When nearing the end of my classes I like to try and make connections from the content to my future teaching pracitce. From this class I feel there are a number of takeaways as future teachers can take. One being, we are all at different parts on our learning journey and that is okay. This was reiterated with our talking circle with David and I know David's honesty about how he started to learn about his culture later in life was comforting for myself that where I am on my learning journey is okay. Therefore, I think being honest with our students about how we as teachers are still learning and we do not know everything will be comforting for students to recgonize that what they know is okay and we can encourage that we can learn more together. Another takeaway from this class was discussed throughout the entire semester, that being that stories are important and not our Western civilized stories, but true genuine stories from Indigenous people. One way I think this can be done is by having elders come into the class and talk about the cultures history and traditions. And of course, one way we all know is great for students to be able to connect is through books. It was as always, great to have class with all of you folks. I always learn so much from everyone's diverse perspectives and ideas, it is very humbling to know that a number of Educators are moving into the profession with this class under the belt.

Here is a link of childrens books by Indigenous writers.
https://www.cbc.ca/books/9-children-s-books-by-indigenous-writers-to-read-1.4700933