Chapter 5 of Thomas Kings book brings to light the roles politicians play in taking away Indigenous lively hoods. He uses the story of the Coyote and the Ducks to share how slowly through taking of the feathers who the ducks were was taken away from them. Indigenous peoples lands were robbed through legislation in the same manner, slowly and preciselly. Through this legislation, they have also tried to take away the "Indian" as an identity. However, legislation in both Canada and USA is trying to give back their Identity through certain days in which we honor them.

I recently came across an article about how the USA now has a day called Indeigenous Peoples day. I find it interesting though that this day is "celebrated" on the same day at Christopher Columbus Day. Infact, I was in the USA on this day this year and many businesses were closed, the sign saying that they are closed for "Columbus Day." What I have noticed is that Canada is further along with their acknowledgement and reconciliation than they are south of the border. I think part of the problem is the media about this day. Following US news as well as numerous family memebers and friends down there they simplt aren't aware of what historically happened and the government is not working as hard as we are ion Canada to reconcile past wrongs.

The article speaks to this day being a call to action for the American people. Is states that the Indigenous are a part of American histoy and it's time to reflect on how the people tried to write them out of history. It also talks about what the day means to many Indigenous acorss the nation. It is about acknowledgement and doing bettwe as human kind.

CNN Article: https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/10/us/indigenous-peoples-day-native-americans-cec/index.html