This article came across my computer today, and I could not help but see it has a connection to our talk and reading today in class. Which I think even further indicates that we have a dissociation from nature. The article is called "A group of First Nations Elders is trying to ban glyphosate. They say it's killing their way of life" found on CBC.ca
Throughout the years as we know the world has seen an extreme growth which means there is need for more food and products to aid in our daily lives. But with that comes the cost of us having a huge ecological footprint and not really seeing or maybe seeing but ignoring the effect that it has on the nature around us. For this group of Indigenous leaders, they are seeing a chemical sprayed on their territories. Since the Indigenous people still live a lot off their lands this means that they are or could see a level of glyphosate in their diet. The reason that this is happening in their area is because “glyphosate is being used is to kill trees that compete with commercially valuable species.” (Chiblow). This then relates back to what White was saying in our article today about how the Christians or just non-Indigenous peoples think about the land we are on. This quote sums it up perfectly I think, “We are superior to nature, contemptuous of it, willing to use it for our slightest whim.” (White).
We as a society have now gone so far from being connected to nature that we are now using chemicals to stop things from growing unless they are going to benefit us. This is done without even giving much thought into what that is doing to not just the plants and animals in that area but also to the Indigenous people’s territory and their way of life.

Works Cited
Chiblow, Susan. “A Group of First Nations Elders Is Trying to Ban Glyphosate. They Say It’s Killing Their Way of Life.” CBC, 13 Sept. 2022, www.cbc.ca/documentaries/the-passionate-eye/a-group-of-first-nations-elders-is-trying-to-ban-glyphosate-they-say-it-s-killing-their-way-of-life-1.6497383.
White, Lynn. “The Historical Roots of Our Ecologic Crisis.” Science, vol. 155, no. 3767, Mar. 1967, pp. 1203–7, https://doi.org/10.1126/science.155.3767.1203.