After reading the books we have, I think it is important that these authors are heard and that their books become mainstream.
As this article says " Metis, First Nations or Inuit writers should be more widely read because the stories they tell are fundamental motifs of Canada.".
I think that these stories really allow us to see a view from a different perspective and ones that have been around for many years.

Another quote that I think would be destructive to a lot of indigenous authors is by being told they aren’t indigenous enough to write on the issues they are facing.
A lot of people are facing intergenerational trauma from events that happened to their ancestors, and maybe they have grown up in a different way, but they are still indigenous and still have that background knowledge to be able to write. I think this relates back to the issue of a pretendian that has come up multiple times in this course. Everybody lives differently nowadays and just because an indigenous author did not grow up like some of the other indigenous people should not stop them from being able to write about their stories, and experiences as an indigenous person.

https://www.cbc.ca/books/richard-wagamese-on-why-canada-needs-more-indigenous-writers-1.4043777