Coming across thos article from CBC news reminded me of how powerful it is to read modern day literature by Indigenous authors, such as the one, There There, we are reading in class. Tommy Orange provided a modern day depiction as to how it is currently to be an Indigneous person in the Western world (USA/Canada) and I think this brings value to our current lives. It's not that the history we are leanring about is not important, I just believe that reading modern literature allows us to connect to it deeper.

It's heart warming that young authors who bring value through their story telling are being mentored and honored for their writing and we should latch on to feel good stories tht surround Indigenous Peoples as well. I appreciate Audible allowing their platform to push out "mission to elevate the voices of Indigenous peoples in Canada, in an effort to enhance equity and support reconciliation."

Resource: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-authors-audible-indigenous-writers-circle-1.6639929