Personal development sessions that inform teachers about Indigenous culture.

Personal development sessions that inform teachers about Indigenous culture.  

By: Janay.Hein@mymhc.ca on Oct. 12, 2021, 9:06 p.m.

Please list any PD sessions that you have attended to gain knowledge about Indigenous culture.

Re: Personal development sessions that inform teachers about Indigenous culture.  

By: morganfishley on Oct. 18, 2021, 10:27 p.m.

The ATA offers several different workshops for educators. I recently had the opportunity to attend the Southern Alberta Teachers' Convention, and one of the sessions that I attended was called Finding our Way in Indigenous Education - Connecting Hearts & Minds. This session is offered by the ATA, and it was led by Stacey Running Rabbit. In this session, educators are provided with plenty of resources to enhance their teaching practices. They are also given strategies to better understand the Indigenous knowledge portion of the Teaching Quality Standard. I would highly recommend this workshop to all educators!

Here is a link to all of the resources and workshops offered by the ATA for this topic:
https://www.teachers.ab.ca/For%20Members/Professional%20Development/Workshops-and-Presentations/Pages/Workshops-Courses-and-Presentations.aspx

Last edited by: morganfishley on Oct. 20, 2021, 11:44 p.m., edited 1 time in total.